The effects of delta 9 are more than just a slight buzz. This cannabinoid — which is found in the cannabis plant and its oil extract — has some pretty noticeable effects on the body. With that said, it should be noted that the potential side effects of delta-9 can be increased or decreased based on several factors. Not only will your environment and diet impact the way you feel after consuming delta-9 but also things like your age, fitness level, and genetics play a role in how you respond to delta-9. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the most common effects of delta-9 on your body, as well as some tips for staying safe when consuming this cannabinoid. So keep reading to learn more.
What Exactly is Delta-9?
Delta-9 is one of the cannabinoids found in cannabis, and it’s also the main ingredient found in vape oils and e-juices. It’s important to note that delta-9 is not the same thing as THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the most well-known cannabinoid found in cannabis. Delta-9 is found in both hemp and cannabis plants and is extracted and used in various products like vape oils, e-juices, edibles, and tinctures.
How Does It Affect The Brain?
The main way delta-9 affects the brain is by binding to cannabinoid receptors. These receptors are found throughout the central nervous system and are responsible for regulating things like pain, mood, appetite, sleep, and memory. Delta-9 molecules bind to these receptors, and either turn them off or turn them on. This is what causes the effects associated with consuming delta-9. When delta-9 binds to the CB1 receptors in the brain, it most commonly causes feelings of euphoria, creativity, and calmness. When it binds to the CB2 receptors in the brain, it most commonly causes feelings of anti-inflammation and relaxation.
The Effects of Delta-9 on Your Body
– Anxiety: One of the most common effects of Delta 9 Gummies is reduced anxiety. It’s thought that delta-9 can help to reduce symptoms of anxiety by releasing certain neurotransmitters in the brain, including dopamine, serotonin, and glutamate.
– Sleep: Another effect of delta-9 is that it can help you to sleep better. While delta-9 can be helpful as a short-term sleep aid, it’s not something you want to rely on for long-term sleep assistance.
– Appetite: Some people who consume delta-9 notice an increase in their appetite. If you’re on a diet, consuming delta-9 can be counterproductive since it can increase your appetite.
– Pain Relief: One of the most common effects of delta-9 is pain relief. As we mentioned above, delta-9 binds to CB1 receptors in the brain and is responsible for regulating things like pain, mood, and appetite. When it binds to these CB1 receptors, it can reduce pain — especially neuropathic pain.
Side Effects of Delta-9
– Dry Mouth: One side effect of delta-9 is dry mouth. If you consume delta-9, you may notice that you have a difficult time swallowing, a hard time speaking, and/or have a dry mouth. This is caused by delta-9 molecules binding to receptors in your brain and triggering a gag reflex.
– Heart Rate/Blood Pressure: Another potential side effect of delta-9 is that it can raise your heart rate and blood pressure. If you have a pre-existing heart condition, you should be careful when consuming delta-9 or other cannabinoids since they can exacerbate existing conditions.
– Sleepiness: When consuming delta-9, some people experience a heightened feeling of sleepiness. If you’re working and/or operating heavy machinery, you should be careful when consuming delta-9 since it can make you very drowsy.
Safety Tips For Using Delta-9
– Start With A Low Dose: If you’re new to consuming delta-9, it’s recommended that you start with a low dose to assess how your body reacts to it. It’s important to remember that everyone has a different reaction to delta-9, so you may want to start with a low dose to see how your body reacts.
– Stay Hydrated: It’s important to stay hydrated when consuming delta-9. It increases your metabolism, which can cause you to sweat. If you’re not regularly hydrating, you risk becoming dehydrated. It’s also important to consume lots of water if you’re using other drugs like alcohol.
– Eat A Healthful Diet: If you’re consuming delta-9, it’s important to make sure you’re also eating a nutritious diet since it can suppress your appetite. Including healthy foods like leafy greens, fruits, and vegetables will help keep you healthy and satisfied.
Leave a Reply